Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great-Grandma Anna

If you have seen my website, you will know that my Great-Grandma Anna was my inspiration for starting Apron History. Today I will tell you a bit more about her.
wedding photo 1916
Anna was born in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in 1896. She married my Great-Grandfather in 1916 and had 7 children. Unfortunately, he was killed in a mining accident in 1930.
family photo abt 1926
In 1933 she married a widower with 9 children and they had 2 more children. Between the two families they had three farms and 18 children! A lot of hard work! And in the middle of the depression! No wonder Anna always had an apron on! She was a hard working, cheerful woman, who never complained. Unfortunately, I never met her. She died before I was born. But she has left a wonderful legacy behind, of hard work, love of family and Aprons!
Anna and one of her daughters
Feeding her chickens!

4 comments:

  1. Heide those are fabulous pictures of Anna!I love the first one, feeding the chickens and the one with her daughter. Fabulous.
    Can you tell what any of the colors are for the aprons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the "About Anna" page on the website! There are more pictures!! https://sites.google.com/site/apronhistory/home/Gr-Granmother-Anna

    As for apron colors...... blue, I am thinking. The one she is wearing feeding chickens is lighter, peach? yellow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks great Heide !!! I love the pictures too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic photos, Heide! What a difficult time that must have been for your grandma when she lost her husband. I have so much admiration for people who persevere through such trials.

    ReplyDelete