Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Sewing


It was a marvolous weekend! I sewed three aprons and have four more all cut out, just waiting to be sewn together.


The first apron I made was one I drafted using a vintage 1928 ad as inpriration. It has a dropped waist and flared skirt. Made in a pink rose print with pale pink binding. I am very happy with how it turned out, but I think it could use a few changes. I think the skirt is too long and the waist is a bit low.
Hopefully, one day I will have patterns for sale for this apron!


1928 advertisment that was my inspiration.





Second up, is an apron made from my Ten American Novel Aprons book. Cira 1940. This one is for my sister. Yellow banana fabric with orange rick-rack. Very fun! (I woulnd't be caught dead in it! But it is cute!)

I also whipped one up in black and white fabric with black rick-rack. Very elegant! Looks kinda like a maid's uniform :)


Back detail. The skirt is triangle in shape.

4 comments:

  1. yea Heide! they are so fun and cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, your sewing dummy looks rather naked. :-) The aprons are so cute! And your pin holder is the second one like that I've seen in three days. I MUST get one of those. Every kid that sees my pin cushion pushes all the pins in and the needles go to the core, never to be seen again!

    I have got to sew an apron!! Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your aprons! I especially like the bananna one. It looks so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had too much fun making them! I think I will probably have to give some away soon. How many aprons can a girl wear?!

    ReplyDelete