Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Ladies

Today I would like to share with you my inspiration and what sparked my love for antique costume and vintage clothing.
"My Ladies" 
 My great-grandmother Ruth made these. She gave them to my mother when she visited one summer. Ever since I have been a little girl I have been drawn to them. They are made from fashion plates that great-grandma added "clothes" to. The detail is amazing! The fashion plates are from the mid 1860s.
My Ladies have always hung in my bedroom. I remember studying them for hours, dreaming I was a fancy lady. And marveling at how great-grandma made their outfits, I am not sure I have it figured out yet!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I love your Ladies. I too have a special picture that my Grandpa had, I would stare at it for hours day dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Have you ever inspired me as to what to do with the vintage clothing catalogs Kevin found! Love these. What a wonderful thing to have from your great grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love things with a story behind them. Especcialy when it is about a relative!

    ReplyDelete