Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lazy Daisy Stitch

Today, a how-to on the Lazy Daisy Stitch.

This stitch makes the most beautiful flowers and leaves!
 Step 1: Come up at Point A. (Point A being the narrow end of your petal.)
Step 2: Go down at Point A and come up at Point B. (Point B being the rounded end)
 Still Step 2: wrap the thread about the needle.
Step 3: Pull the needle through and go down at Point B to hold the petal in place.
 Done!

Now here is an embroidery design for you to practice on! Tomorrow I will post a how-to on French Knots so you can fill in the middle of the flowers.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are keeping embroidery alive. I did a craft with some young ladies the other day. They were eager to finish quick, to get back to X box! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xbox?! How can Xbox compete with embroidery?! I guess I am old fashioned. lol
    Ah, well hopefully you will have planted a seed.

    ReplyDelete