Monday, December 5, 2011

Danity Aprons

Here are two new aprons to the collection. Both are white. One a picked up at an antique store and I think is late 20s early 30s.
Defiantly a "hostess" apron. Tea anyone?
An advertisement for a similar apron from the early 30s.
A closer look at the lovely detail.
  My Grandma gave this one to me. I am not sure if it is a costume apron or really old, I think really old. The fabric is beautiful! So soft and the stripes are actually woven it. It looks like it was handmade by a very good seamstress.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow just found your wonderful blog! I started collecting vintage aprons and have no idea what year or era they were from until I found your lovely Apron History! I am happy to say I have one very similar almost identical to the first white one on this post...wow 1920's - 1930's. It is so pretty and the fabric is amazing just like you talk about here...Thank you I now know what eras each one of men are. I am trying to see how to display them do you have any ideas how I should or maybe know somewhere I can research? I was thinking of hangin them as curtains a few of them anyways...thanks so much for sharing and the work you put into these posts of wonderful days gone by! Hugs from a small town in Pennsylvania
    -christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad some of my posts are helpful! Collecting aprons are so fun!
      Unfortunately, I don't have the space to display any of my aprons right now. If you have some space I would think a simple string "clothesline" and mini clothes pins would be super cute. Sometimes I have have displayed a few on vintage wooden hangers hooked over a door or hook. Trouser hangers are cute for half-aprons too. I think hanging aprons as curtains would be very very cute too.

      Delete