Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February Heart Aprons

A few aprons with hearts to celebrate February! In the 1940s you will notice a heart theme in a lot of aprons. Not sure why.... Maybe because the sweetheart neckline was so popular.... Or because a heart would of symbolized support for all the men away at war?



In the 1950s themed aprons were in vogue. For every holiday you can find an apron..... Valentine's, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year's, Summer, Spring...... As you can see from the pattern above.  

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love the bib aprons! And isn't it nice they can be made from only one yard of fabric. Inspires me to make another apron; when I get my quilt finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, bib aprons are my favorite too! There are a lot of apron patterns that only use one yard. Very handy to use up leftover fabric! Happy Quilting!

      Delete
  2. You're it. You've been tagged. Visit my blog today for the rules. If it's too much, don't feel obligated but it is just a bit of fun.

    Ruth

    PS. Happy Valentines Day. I always liked the heart aprons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Day to you too!

      Thanks for including me in the "Tag". But I think I will decline this time around.

      Delete
  3. I have the simplicity pattern 1359, just haven't got around to sewing a heart apron yet. To me, heart aprons signify the love for caring for the family and home. Showing the support the woman has for her loved ones. I think they are very special aprons. They speak without words...

    xox,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! Love to see the apron whenever you make it.
      Yes, I agree with you, Hearts do signify caring. I think it was also comforting for the women. They were doing there part and supporting the soliders and they would come back home safe.

      Delete