Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring!!

Do you remember these pictures from last year? I posted them on April 14, 2011.
TODAY, March 20th, the forsythia and daffodils are blooming! Can you believe it?! I can't remember a spring being this early, at least not in the last 4-8 years. It is so exciting!! I was talking to someone and they commented on the mood everyone is in. We are ecstatic! We don't know what do to with ourselves.
I hope we are not the only ones with this lovely weather.
Happy Spring!!

3 comments:

  1. I am pleased to report that WE have that lovely weather here too - and I'm sure that it's spoiling me for next winter. I can already hear myself whining next March when we have our typical March blizzards. lol

    But right now...I'm lovin' it! (oops, I think that's trademarked!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not alone with the lovely Spring weather we have been having an unusual warm early spring. I was looking at my flowering cherry and the buds look like they will be ready to open in the next 2 weeks. It doesn't normally flower until the 1st week in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad!! I would have felt terribly guiltly! My word! your cherry about to bloom! That is crazy!

    I am not sure if we should be waiting for a few feet of snow or if it is going to be a hot summer.

    ReplyDelete