Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cream or Sugar?

I seem to be starting a collection of cream and sugar dishes, especially creamers. You all know I have a weakness for pitchers..... Mini pitchers are even cuter!
And if they are cobalt blue glass, so much the better! I was thrilled to run across this set at an antique shop recently. I have never seen a prettier set. Don't you love the detail on the rim? At one time it also had a platinum edging.

 I also have acquired these two creamers in the past year. They are so pretty I keep them on my dresser. I love the shape of the one on the left. It has a Bavarian stamp on the bottom. The other creamer on the right shouts 1920s to me. It doesn't have a mark on the bottom, so I can't be sure. But round shape + stripes + roses = 1920s in my opinion. What do you think? Can you imagine a marcelled matron in her drop-waist gown pouring cream from it?

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love old-fashioned colbalt blue as well. This past birthday my mom gave me a reproduction colbalt blue salt and peper set as well as a butter dish.

    The rose pitchers are beautiful too! Looks like a fun collection. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely! I don't have any salt and peper shakers in my collection yet. Cobalt blue would be pretty. My blue glass mainly consists of random bowls, plates and candy dishes and a toothpick holder! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I like the blue dishes and I think they look prettier without the platinum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much a gold or platinum edging person either. I just thought it was interesting they once had it on the edge. My favorite part is the scalloped rim!

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about glass dishes or depression dishes, but you have a wonderful collection. You have sparked an interest in me, now I want to do some research. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquline! I love researching vintage dishes! There are some great resources on the internet.

      Delete
  4. They are all pretty, but that cobalt blue creamer is the best! What a pretty piece of glassware! My daughter has two 8" cobalt blue globes from her grandma. I have no idea what they were made for.

    ReplyDelete