Saturday, September 15, 2012

1940's Refridgerator Ads

 A few 1940s refrigerator ads for you to enjoy. I am not sure why I am fascinated with vintage ads.... Maybe because they seam rather simplistic compared to our modern ones? Maybe because they have not thrown good taste out the window? Maybe because I love the old fashioned-ness of the line drawings versus photographs?
 I know there are lots of others out there who like vintage ads too, I have heard from quite a few of you! Why do you like them??
Surprisingly, there aren't any aprons pictured along with these refrigerators. I had thought they always went together .....like eggs and bacon....

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm drawn to vintage ads because everyone always looks so happy in them--reminds me of all the simple pleasures in life--like home, family, and good times. These are great ads, even without the aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! They do make one think of the simple pleasures of life.

    ReplyDelete