Tuesday, October 2, 2012

40s Aqua Pitcher

How do you like the newest addition to my pitcher collection? Isn't she a beauty! I love the stripes and the aqua color. I did a little research online and couldn't find anything on when it was made or by what company. I can't decide....40s or 50s? The stripes look 40s to me.
 Isn't it nice it matches exactly the Fiesta Ware bowl? Those are apples we picked on Sunday. A perfect day for a Fall outing and a perfect ending to the day, a stop at a local antique store!
  I love the way it is decorated with reverse color. Is it just me or do the oranges look a bit like blueberries?
I just noticed a pattern to my pitcher collection. Most of them have the same handle! Is that just what I like or was that just a standard handle? I will have to pay attention to the pitchers I pass up.
Glass pitchers are so hard to photograph! Hopefully you can catch some of the beauty of it. I love it's smooth shape.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely pitcher! I really like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I thought they WERE berries until I saw the close-up. Wasn't turquoise popular in the 50s and 60s? Maybe I'm thinking how my Mom had turquoise in every room in the 60s. LOL A great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, aqua was popular in the 50s and 60s. I am really not sure how old it is. Now that I think about it more, it probaly is from that era. The stripes just looked a little 40s to me...... but I think they liked the brighter primary colors then.

      Delete
  3. That is the perfect setting for that pitcher! Nice photo. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the contrast of the apples with it. I wish I could think of something to put in the pitcher for photo sessions. All I could think of was milk.

      Delete
  4. I'm enjoying your posts. They remind me of days with my mother. Thanks for the memories.
    Sharon
    fitandhealthybabyboomers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete