Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Rug

One of the things on our to-do list has been a new living room rug. I knew with the house and new curtains a lighter larger one would look better. The curtains I had picked out since last March, but the rug, that was a little harder. We finally decided to just buy one we liked and bring it home. If it was not right we could always take it back.
I think it is a winner!  It opens, brightens and defines the space very nicely.
I snapped a few quick pictures to see how it would look. Still trying to decided whether the pillows are okay or should be a different pattern........
At first I wasn't sure if it was going to be too matchy-matchy with the curtains, but it seems to tie it all together. (Kerri is at her favorite watching post!) I love the color tones in the rug, just perfect.

 A better view of the design.......and Kerri!

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful...I think it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heide, that rug is darling and the curtains work very well with it. I love your windows they permit plenty of light to come into the house, and for me, that's ideal. The rug is a perfect, keep it.

    xx,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, Kerri looks gorgeous with her sweater...

      Delete
  3. I like it, very clean, you could do many changes with color in pillows accents etc.......Great choice!

    MMarg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Choice! And, I love your gray couches! I've been thinking gray in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, indeed, a winner! I love your new rug, Heide! It matches the curtains perfectly. I even thought that they have the same print! Haha! Kidding aside, you’ve done a great job in selecting your rug. Don’t forget to keep it clean. :)
    Stephanie Wilkins

    ReplyDelete