Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Apron of the Month!

Were you getting worried about April Apron of the month? I was! I had grand plans for April.......but you know how life goes, it happens! Good life things, like shopping adventures with my sister, watching Spring emerge in Wisconsin, spending Easter with the family, getting house projects accomplished and a spare of the moment trip to a salvage yard with the brothers to fill a rainy Saturday.  But don't worry, my grand apron plans will just be delayed a month and they will be worth waiting for.
So that brings us to 
April Apron of the Month-
  Vintage Modern Pleated Apron!
A free pattern and tutorial by
  Kitchen Confections.
Isn't she a cutie? A bit of a departure from my usually vintage patterns I feature. I was very intrigued by the use of darts in the bib. One thing I dislike about a one piece chef style apron, not very flattering for curves. Darts in the bib and a waistband solve the problem!

 Even though this a "modern" apron, it has some wonderful vintage inspired details. Like ric-rac around the pockets and on the bib, pleats in the skirt and pockets and pockets set at an angle.
 And a little detail I added myself, a ric-rac flower!
 So cute!
This is going to be a gift for my soon to be sister-in-law, do you think she will like it?

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes! She has to like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi...this is just adorable! What a special gift for your new sis-in-law! That ric-rac flower is such a cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love it. I love the colors. Very fun.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the apron, it is so adorable. The ric-rac flower I love it. Could you show how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Heide, I finally got your apron posted at Our Old Country Store and Facebook. Sorry it took so long. Love the apron. I'd want to keep it myself! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have decided to make aprons for all my daughter in laws this year for Christmas (I am a little behind schedule) I love the design of your apron, beautiful. Is the pattern still available for download? Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.
    Updated email: lejean143@yahoo.com

    Happy Holidays

    Sincerely,

    LeJean

    ReplyDelete