Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June is Busting Out All Over

 It is so nice to have a bit of warmth again, to feel the sun shining brightly on one's face. I think the plants are appreciating it too. They seem to be all bursting into bloom with extra vigor this year. This is the neighbors lilac bush peeking over the fence next to my garage. 
My sister Mandy and I were so excited to finally dig into the flower beds this year! It doesn't look like much yet, but it is a whole lot better. When I bought the house, there was one bush, that was it. One giant, thorny bush. We made the flower beds deeper and once the little sidewalk to the right of the front door is pulled up, that flower bed can also be deepened.
We put in boxwood, winter creeper, astilbe, and coral bells along with the hydrangeas and pansies already there. 
I am so excited to how well my hydrangeas are doing, (just behind the astilbe) can't wait to see it blooming!

 Along the side of the house we have lily of the valley, which I meticulously pulled up last year. But you wouldn't notice that now, so I have given up the fight and decided there is much better things to do with my time! 
 It's not that I don't like lily of the valley, they just tend to go crazy and take over. But they are growing on me........and the scent is divine!
 Also along the side of the house are Iris, rescued from our sister in law's house before construction began.
 One of our favorites!

These adorable boots were a house warming gift from sister Becky last year. So cute filled with petunias and dahlias!

No comments:

Post a Comment