Saturday, December 13, 2014

In the Bleak Midwinter


I can't seem to stop myself taking pictures of the Christmas tree. Every time I walk through the room I get distracted by it's beauty, the twinkling lights and the shimmery ornaments. Aren't you glad we get to decorate in December? I don't know about you, but where I live, December would be a depressing month if we didn't have Christmas to celebrate. It is our darkest month and if the weather is bad, which it is about ninety percent of December, we have gloom for days. It is so nice to have a bright sparkly tree to cheer the place up!

Aren't you also glad we don't have to live in a totally dark and hopeless world, that Jesus came down to give us light and life? I am.


Merry Christmas, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree! Is it real? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is so beautiful and I love the colored lights. This year we bought a new tree with colored light, we both like them so much better than they standard white lights. Only wish we had the vintage larger bulbs--------the strings that when one bulb went out the whole strand was out. Seems like you always spent time every day replacing bulbs. I'll pass on the tinsel though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do think the same way you do. This time of year I am so thankful for the coming of Jesus Christ....

    xx,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete