Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Small Dresser

This little dresser may look familiar, I have posted a couple of times about it. It houses patterns, the top two drawers are my vintage pattern collection and the bottom two new and pdf print at home patterns. This year I decided it was due for a spruce up! 

 My cousin's gifted me a set of Martha Stewert adhesive stencils which was the starting inspiration. They also included paint, in the most perfect shade of Pink! Of course, the project grew and I decided it needed new drawer pulls too.
Do you remember what it looked like before? (pictured above) The pulls don't show up very well, they were painted blue floral. Cute up close, but not too colorful.
The new knobs are from Home Depot. Love the vintage look!

I also hung a small bulletin board above the dresser. It is nice to have a spot to pin notes and inspiration. Currently, I am working on sewing a few basic essentials for my summer wardrobe. 


This little project has been hanging around for awhile. I started it back in March, but it just kept getting delayed (or I would get distracted!)!  So glad it is finished and I finally got to share!

6 comments:

  1. Just darling. Such a fun piece of furniture for storing patterns. Isn't it a nice feeling to have it done so you can enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to have it done! I love the bit of color is adds to my sewing room. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Heide! And I love your milk bottle collection. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I realized after I took the pictures, the milk bottles are due for a dusting! I am not sure if that is going to be there permanent home, still mulling that over.

      Delete
  3. It looks so nice. It's amazing what a little "embellishment" can do for something. I love your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete