Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Zinnias

I love zinnias. When I picked this bunch last night, the smell immediately brought back memories of childhood summers. These are from my two plants in the cutting garden. It took them a bit to get started, but now they plenty of buds and look like they will bloom until frost.

 Ever since I bought the plants, I have been envisioning a zinnia bouquet here. Lovely!



 The sewing machine has been out all summer. For some reason I have been in a social sewing mood. I have made my way through plenty of projects in the last couple of months; some fun, some mundane.

 This vase was a vintage find a couple of years ago, complete with a matching glass flower frog. I haven't gotten too many chances to use it. I always envisioned peonies in it and was sad to have missed the opportunity this year to pick a few. Mandy suggested I use it for the zinnias as the stems were rather short (I hated to cut longer ones because of all the buds I would be cutting too!) and it works wonderfully.

Zinnias are even pretty in lamplight!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Zinnias are so cheerful and fresh looking. Those colors are terrific together. But then, all Zinnias look good together. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, all zinnias look good together! Flowers are so pretty in the house, especially since we had a few cloudy days.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful flower that look amazing in that beautiful vase, a great vintage find.

    ReplyDelete