Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Shiny Brite Windows

 One of my Christmas crafts this year was making a Shiny Brite wreath. I was drooling over them on Pintrest this fall and finally decided I need to make one!
It was rather simple process. I wrapped an already owned wreath form in silver tinsel, wired the ornaments on and sat little elf on it. Done! Since I used one of my favorite wreaths (it is still wrapped in burlap ribbon under the tinsel), I secured the tinsel with straight pins and used thin wire to attach the Shiny Brites. It will also make storage easy as the ornaments can go back into their special boxes and the wreath can go in it's own tub.

 This elf is actually a new Hobby Lobby find. But doesn't he look perfectly vintage?
 How could I not have bells? I don't think these are as old as the Shiny Brites, but they have survived since childhood and are always an essential decoration.


 For those of you who have been here for previous Christmases, you will remember the second year in the little bungalow I hung ornaments in the two piano windows. They have been a favorite decoration each year!


I always find the piano windows especially fun to decorate! What is your favorite decoration or spot to decorate?

6 comments:

  1. The fireplace is a favourite of mine. Love the elf, a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always thought a fireplace would be fun to decorate at Christmas! What do put on yours?

      Delete
  2. My stairway is open to my entryway. I put lighted garland along the handrails which gives a soft glow to that area. On the stairs I line up my collection of Christmas books. I started doing that when my kids were little with the thought that if we could see them we would spend more time reading them. My kids are in their 20’s now and that is still one of our favorite areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a creative idea! Love it! A Christmas book collection sounds enchanting!

      Delete
  3. I love your piano window and your new wreath. I have one of those little elves that I received as a child almost 50 years ago. And even some of the original glass ornaments that some how survived. I think I "need" one of those wreaths. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! The wreaths are so easy to make. The hardest part was finding silver tinsel garland that wasn't giant! It is the perfect place to showcase an elf too!

      Delete