Thursday, December 14, 2017

Shiny Brites on the Tree

Of course the traditional way to display Shiny Brite ornaments is on a Christmas tree. And we have plenty on our tree! When the tree looks sufficiently decorated, we stop putting them up and every year, we still have ornaments in the box. We haven't been able to find a big enough tree to hold them all yet! 


 I love how many shapes and sizes vintage glass ornaments in come it! This one is a bit more space age looking. Probably the late 1950s.

 This is one of my favorites. We have several identical ones. I was very excited to be able to capture the sparkle on it! During WWII, the materials to make the ornaments shiny was not available, so they make clear ones with plenty of glitter!

The tinsel garland is new this year from Hobby Lobby. It has a very vintage "tin-foil" look to it. Of course it has to become part of my Christmas decoration collection!

 I love flowers on this little side table. This year I was planning on putting something else there, but it just didn't look right. So the poinsettias went back, paired with a vintage Elf on the Shelf.

 We have a small collection sprinkled around of these little elves. They all have such sweet faces.


 More Shiny Brite pictures! I can't help myself! I also posted a short history two years ago HERE.


It is always essential to listen to Christmas carols while decorating the tree. This year a new favorite is the Louvin Brothers. I am not usually much of a country music fan, but after a busy day they were soothing to listen to while hanging ornaments. Hope you enjoy them too!

1 comment:

  1. Heide,

    Your home looks beautiful! I really like the vintage ornaments, they add just the perfect touch.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete